Thursday, February 4, 2010

let's visit an old pal

remember way back, when i mentioned this 'really nice plugin for modelling 3d plants'? well, it is now officially safe for me to say that i didn't use it. i didn't like the outcome, so i made my olive tree grow by hand. one keyframe after another. you bet it was tiring. but not as tiring as trying to fix the awkward forms the plugin has provided me. maybe i was a lousy user; maybe you can do fantastic things with it. but i wasn't patient enough to make it work. (xfrog, please don't sue me)...
here is my 'xfrog' olive tree...
and here is my version. what do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we need bigger images to tell the differences :)

meric taylan said...

oops, i thought the images were clickable...wait a minute, i'll fix it.

meric taylan said...

dang! no matter what i try, blogger doesn't make the image clickable. i think this is the best i can provide. hmm. sorry about that. blogger, you should be ashamed!