Saturday, March 7, 2009

i am officially in business

this is my new business card. when i was small, having a business card was the coolest thing for me. 'oh, this person has a BUSINESS CARD! look at those fancy characters! those numbers! that address! she must be really important!' i thought it was a luxury that only privileged people could enjoy. after all, it must be really expensive to have a business card with all the design and printing and stuff, right? wrong!
you cannot even buy half a week's worth of groceries with the amount i paid for this. and believe me, they don't even care if you are a mouse to print you a business card.
it is fun to hand them out, though. 'oh hello!' (meets old school friend). 'so what's up?' 'not much, really.' (tries to find a topic without any success) 'ok then, see you around.' 'oh, wait a minute. here's my BUSINESS CARD.' (friend gets it and examines) 'cool! by the way, what's this font?' (conversation unleashed. happy ending for everyone:)
you cannot believe how many years i have wandered around the business world without a card. i know, i know. shame on me. but hey, don't you tell me you don't get your lazy times, too. please. hehe i doubt, though, you can surpass me.

ps: i'm afraid i will change the color scheme of the blog again to match my internet site and business card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummm what a cool business card! I am jealous. I need one too. But I need to finish my web site first, then do a business card. or do the businesses card and then finish the web site.. I am confused now!! I need to think about that couple of days "at least" :D:D
see, the laziness starts like this...

meric taylan said...

hehe you really made me burst into laughter;) why, oh why is this endless sloth? i shall never know. thanks a lot, by the way:D