Sunday, May 17, 2009

hand crafted

this is my very professional:) looking mock-up of my design project (look at those proportions!) it took me several hours just to do this, and my hands hurt a little. real objects are tough;P we know by now that my project is a lamp, thanks to a kind comment:D... inspired by this ancient toy, i hope this solution works for what i try to achieve. i will try to wrap some cloth around it, and see if it still works... if it does, i will model it once more in 3d.

i know it is still an early stage, but i would like to document every step of the process. i think this is the first time i do this for my own project. do you document your working process, too?

ingredients: steel wire ca. 0.5 mm dia., nippers, chisel, wrench, soft jewelry wire ca. 1 mm dia., ruler (bring it to the table but don't use it for a more random look:), clamp (not shown).

No comments: